User story maps solve the user’s problems in form of a discussion. Your job as a product manager or user experience consultant should be to make the world better through user-centric products. Essentially solving the user’s problems.
The User Experience
Blog By Peter W. Szabo
All smartphones will become obsolete by the end of 2018. They might share their fate with the laptops, eBook readers, tablets, phablets, consoles and myriads of devices we have in early 2017. In this article, I will explore the cause of this imminent and unavoidable revolution. I will talk about the next device type, the usurper that will dethrone the smartphone and replace many devices with a single ingenious solution. Finally, we will see what can you do to gain a competitive advantage in the OneDevice era.
Click to continue…
Augmented Reality is the next big thing. You should prioritize innovation over feature completeness. Probably those are the two most important UX sentences of the last two weeks. Please read the article if you want to catch all the UX lessons I’ve learned from Pokémon Go. Comment if I missed something.
What do I need to learn to get an amazing UX/UI jobs in 2017? – This is the most frequent question I get from Senior UX/UI designers. In this article, I will tell you the answer, which will give your career (and your paycheck) a huge boost.
Click to continue…
*But Were Afraid to Ask
UX Strategy is like sex in the sixth grade; everyone talks about it, almost no one is doing it, and the learning material is all about its consequences.
- UX strategy is a form of communication.
- A good UX strategy is short (fits into one page).
- And doesn’t focus on UX design.
- It is aimed at senior managers and executives, but send it to your team too and add your personal touch to it
- The goals are the first and most important part of the strategy document, you should balance business and user goals here.
- Finish the document with a schedule and the cost, those are the other things senior managers will look for.
- For a quick win use the kaizen-ux delivery process.